“IT Professionals Predict Mobile and Cloud Technologies Will Dominate Enterprise Computing By 2015
Trends Signal Shift in Skills Necessary for Businesses to Drive Growth”
The 2010 IBM Tech Trends Survey, is an online survey conducted by IBM developerWorks. According to today’s press release:
- More than half of all IT professionals – 55 percent — expect mobile software application development for devices such as iPhone and Android, and even tablet PCs like iPad and PlayBook, will surpass application development on all other traditional computing platforms by 2015.
- 91 percent anticipate cloud computing will overtake on-premise computing as the primary way organizations acquire IT over the next five years.
- Mobile and cloud computing are followed by social media, business analytics and industry-specific technologies as the hottest IT career opportunities beginning in 2011.
- 90 percent believe it is important to possess vertical industry-specific skills for their jobs, yet 63 percent admit they are lacking the industry knowledge needed to remain competitive.
- Telecommunications, financial services, healthcare, and energy and utilities rank as the top four industries in which respondents identify as having the greatest opportunity to expand their careers.
Read the originals –