Rebound but questions about the pace of the bounce-back
Recruiting, Staffing & Employment News – May 2015
The hot industries in April hiring were: RF Solutions, Cloud Hosting, Big Data Analytics, HealthTech, and Mobile Data Security. Redfish placed people in the roles of: Lead ASIC Design Engineer, Linux Technical Support, Client Partner, Product Manager, Inside Sales, Lead Qualification Specialist, Developer, and Linux Technical Support.
The jobs report showed growth of 223,000 (more…)
Tech Hiring Setting a Record, Overall Job Creation Big Too
Recruiting, Staffing & Employment News
Tech hiring remains very strong, with the bulk of November placements in the Network Security, Software Development, Disruptive Software, Digital Media / AdTech Platform, Cloud Hosting, Collaborative Software Development, and Social Music Connection Platform sectors. The most commonly hired positions included: Director of Sales, Product Managers, Test Automation Engineer, Senior DevOps Engineer, Linux Technical Support, Software Engineers, and Lead Front End Engineers.
Tech hiring may hit a record level according to the semi-annual national survey from Dice Holdings, Inc. 60% of hiring managers report the expectation of adding more professionals in the first half of 2015 (more…)
The Top Five On-Boarding To-Dos Before the Start Date
By Tory Thomas, Executive Recruiter, IT Sales & Marketing
You may be asking “Why on-board before the start date?”
Well… really you should be on-boarding from the first contact with a candidate. When you receive a resume from a candidate, you should be sending a warm acknowledgment, even if you aren’t hiring for that exact profile right now. This is how you build your talent pipeline.
When you schedule a first interview or have an informal dialogue, you are making an impression. At this point you are acting as your company’s brand ambassador and forming an impression with the candidate. (more…)
The Results of the Third Quarter Candidate Satisfaction Survey are in!
- Redfish Technology Candidate Satisfaction Survey Results Q3 2014
As part of our commitment to continuous improvement, this on-going survey asks candidates placed by the high tech recruiters at Redfish Technology for feedback on the recruiting process. Candidate experience and satisfaction is of great importance to Redfish, as recruiting is a partnership and must be a win-win proposition. The feedback was very positive overall with some areas for improvement identified; most candidates were directly recruited while about a quarter of placements found Redfish opportunities via the company’s marketing efforts.
Placed candidates were asked:
- How well did your recruiter understand your personal goals for job placement?
- How would you rate the match for the position you were hired for?
- During which stages of the recruiting process did you have the best communication with your recruiter?
- During which stages of the recruiting process did you have the least effective communication with your recruiter?
- Did your recruiter give you an accurate and thorough understanding of the hiring process, role, company?
- How would you rate your overall experience with Redfish Technology?
- How likely are you to recommend Redfish to other colleagues or hiring managers? (more…)