Here’s the Redfish team.
Rob Reeves, CEO, President
Head Honcho Rob joined the recruiting industry after graduating with a dual major in finance and Japanese from the University of Washington. He successfully managed and trained recruiters until eventually founding Redfish Technology in 1996. His leadership brought Redfish from a predominantly West Coast technical recruiting focus to a nationwide, full-service staffing firm specializing in the high-tech and clean-tech sectors.
With a passion for life and adventure, Rob has lived abroad in Kobe, Japan, and (with his wife and kids) Sonora, Mexico. Rob currently resides in the Northern Rockies of Sun Valley, Idaho, and enjoys skiing, hiking, golfing, playing guitar and spending time with his wife and two children.
- What is your ideal job? Backup singer in a reggae band.
- What are your biggest quirks? I have a compulsion for short fingernails. Also, I don’t like the words “moist” or “sluff.” I’m not a fan of bellybuttons either.
- Who is your hero? Right now I’m semi-obsessed with Sir Ernest Shackleton.
- What are you greatest fears? Snakes and complacency.
Heidi Clark Reeves, COO, CHO (Chief Humanities Officer)
Heidi’s diverse combination of skills is like a Swiss Army knife. Her extensive sales background and in-depth knowledge of nonprofit organizations bring a wide range of experience and insight to the design and implementation of the corporate culture and philanthropic efforts at Redfish. She’s been instrumental in Redfish’s involvement and financial support of local community events and nonprofits.
Prior to holding management positions as a recruiter, she dedicated her time to social work and various sales positions. Heidi holds a BA in psychology from the University of New Hampshire. In her spare time, Heidi enjoys trail running in the hills of Sun Valley, reading, hiking, and camping with her husband, Rob, and spending time with her two children. She is committed to philanthropy and enjoys being an active member in her community.
- What is your ideal job? I secretly want to be a librarian.
- What is one of the things on your bucket list? To run a full marathon.
- If you could have an endless supply of any food, what would you get? Why lobster and steamers, of course!
- What is a unique or quirky habit of yours? I don’t like sharing food or drink with anyone, even family members. Backwash freaks me out.
Leah O’Flynn, Director of Recruitment, Tech Talent Division
Leah runs the show at Redfish, overseeing both the technical and sales and marketing teams. A Rutgers graduate with a dual major in journalism and history, she started her career in sales and broadcasting where she honed her relationship and account management skills. She is a natural recruiter who listens and prioritizes the needs and desires for both candidates and hiring managers.
Leah was born in Dublin, Ireland, and raised in New Jersey. Her love of travel has taken her to many destinations. Sun Valley’s scenic mountain beauty and abundant outdoor recreation captivated her, and she is now a proud resident of one of the most beautiful spots in these United States. Leah enjoys outdoor activities which include camping, skiing and hiking.
- If you could have an endless supply of any food, what would you get? Jersey Shore pizza.
- What is one goal you’d like to accomplish during your lifetime? Check off all my bucket list items.
- What’s your favorite cartoon character, and why? Mickey Mouse. Who doesn’t love Mickey?
- What is a unique or quirky habit of yours? I can’t eat anything without a side. I always have to have more than one item on a plate.
Jon Piggins, Executive Recruiter, Sales & Marketing Division
Jon comes from a long tenure in sales and business development working in both B2B and B2C environments. Prior to joining Redfish Technology, he was partner and vice president of business development of a commercial services company in San Diego. Having sold that successful venture, Jon packed his family and bags, and headed for the mountains.
Jon is personable, knowledgeable and completely reliable. With a background in international relations, Jon went on to earn an MBA cum laude in international business from National University. Put Jon’s business insights and acumen to work for you by expediting your talent acquisition and hiring processes.
- If you could have an endless supply of any food, what would you get? Sushi!
- What is one goal you’d like to accomplish during your lifetime? Spend a year traveling the world.
- What’s your favorite cartoon character, and why? Bart Simpson, because he’s mischievous.
- What is a unique or quirky habit of yours? I always try to portion my food so that the last bite is the best tasting of the meal.
Tory Thomas, Executive Recruiter, Tech Sales & Marketing Division
A southern native, Tory traded in the big city for the big sky as she made her way cross country from Atlanta to Sun Valley in order to join Redfish. Tory has a Bachelor of Arts in international and global studies with an emphasis on global relations. She also completed courses in international economics and Asian Studies as part of an Asian to economic development study abroad program.
Tory possesses a transnational and multicultural perspective which augments her sales and marketing acumen. And as a collegiate varsity soccer player, Tory knows the value of goal-oriented team playing. She brings a “work-hard” attitude along with an outgoing personality to tackle your recruiting needs.
- What are your pet peeves or interesting things about you that you dislike? It really bothers me when people rub their eye and it makes a squeaking noise.
- If you could have an endless supply of any food, what would you get? Okra, because they don’t sell it here in Idaho. It is a summertime staple that I miss from NC!
- What is one goal you’d like to accomplish during your lifetime? Figure out what happened to the Mayans.
- What’s your favorite thing to do in the summer? Favorites for summertime in Idaho would be camping, back packing trips, and fly fishing.
- If you could visit any place in the world, where would you choose to go and why? Machu Picchu, I’d like to check it out sooner rather than later since it is vulnerable to natural disasters and it could be destroyed or change before the end of my lifetime.
Mike Curry, Executive Recruiter, Tech Division
Mike is no stranger to new places and meeting new people. He grew up on military bases all over the country and continued that lifestyle when he left home at an early age to pursue a career in hockey. In college at the University of Minnesota Duluth, Mike competed for the UMD Bulldogs hockey team while earning a degree in psychology. After college and a few years of hockey playing, he desired a new challenge and went into mental health where he enjoyed working with youth.
The lure of the mountains attracted Mike to the Sun Valley area, where he dived into recruiting, employing his understanding and enjoyment of people as he matches top talent nationally with growth-mode companies in various tech sectors.
- What is your nickname? Taco. Ask me about this!
- If you could have an endless supply of any food, what would you get? Chips and salsa.
- What’s your favorite thing to do in the summer? Water ski.
- What’s the ideal dream job for you? Professional fisherman.
- What is your biggest pet peeve? Hiccups.
Meredith Dean, Executive Recruiter, IT Division
Hailing from Washington, Meredith has a degree in business from the University of Washington’s Foster School of Business. After forging a successful sales career in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industry, Meredith packed her bags and headed to the beautiful resort area of Sun Valley where she engages in her passions of photography, hiking, and snowboarding when she’s not busy placing top talent with growth-mode tech companies.