Digital Media Buyer
We are on a mission to democratize access to extraordinary educators and the STEM content they have to offer. This is your opportunity to join a venture-backed, profitable, startup early and build something remarkable at the intersection of education and technology.
- • Since our launch in 2019, we’ve helped over 40 million high school and college students gain confidence in STEM subjects, from algebra to quantum mechanics and more.
- • We’ve built the world’s largest STEM video library, creating the AI tutor category.
- • We’ve raised over $26M in funding through series A in July 2021 and are valued at $100M
- • Our goal is to ensure all students and educators are successful!
In this role, you’ll get to:
- • Execute and manage our paid acquisition campaigns—both prospecting and retargeting—to meet business and channel goals.
- • Optimize our paid search and paid display channels—with a focus on scaling our retargeting campaigns and improving performance on audience prospecting.
- • Expand our paid media footprint to channels like Facebook, Pinterest, TikTok, etc—as well as explore direct media buys or other platforms that present an opportunity.
- • Be responsible for improving the cost-per-acquiring new subscribers.
- • Monitor and report on paid media campaign performance.
- • Maximize channel budget efficiency to include effective marketing mix modeling, budgeting, and reallocation.
- • Facilitate ongoing experimentation and testing new channels, partners and tools.
- • Collaborate with the product team to optimize paid marketing loops by connecting performance and paid media within products.
- • Work with Growth and Finance teams on budget planning, forecasting and reporting, as well as optimize spend allocation based on marketing mix modeling analysis.
- • Working with our Growth and Data analyst teams—ensure data is being properly captured and relayed to our database to enable data-driven decision making.
- • 3-5 years of professional experience in performance marketing and managing multi-million dollar annual budgets across multiple geographies.
- • Track record of managing and optimizing paid search campaigns—Google. Bing/Yahoo.
- • Proven track record of managing and optimizing paid display campaigns—primarily Google’s display network. Other platform experience is a plus.
- • Proven track record of managing and optimizing prospecting and retargeting campaigns across Facebook/Instagram and other social networks.
- • Implementing and scaling dynamic display retargeting campaigns, as well as dynamic search campaigns.
- • Ability to learn and implement new media channels and facilitate direct media buys that aren’t run through the major tech platforms.
- • Proficient in Google Tag manager and implementing pixels, to ensure we’re capturing relevant events and data points.
- • Strong understanding of online/app metrics, analytics, tracking technology, and tools.
- • Excellent analytical skills with a proven record of growing a program through the application of data insights.
- • Ability to move between strategy and execution with a bias for action.
- • Comfortable receiving and giving constructive feedback.
- • Proven ability to drive performance marketing initiatives via paid media channels.
- • Experience working with acquisition funnels, life-time value, and ROI/ROAS metrics.
- • Excellent understanding of attribution, lift test, and incrementally.
- • Experience with subscription-based products is a plus.
Benefits and perks:
- • Competitive salary with a significant upside in equity
- • 100% covered Medical, Dental, Vision for you AND your dependents
- • 401k (coming in 2022)
- • Work from home, or wherever. We’re remote-first.
- • Flexible PTO, holiday, and leave policies, including paid parental leave for new parents
- • Remote-friendly environment and culture
- • Lots of responsibilities with tons of opportunities for advancement!
Articles and Recognition:
Come as you are: We are an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.