Application Developer (Tier III)
The job entails enhancing and maintaining web applications that support our online courses and proprietary learning management system (LMS) for the K-12 market. Team consists of small, onshore based personnel and offshore technology team. We need someone who is a quick and eager learner and
can adapt to different tasks. You will be involved in all aspects of software development utilizing Agile Scrum. You will be working within a large existing code base that requires someone who knows that working carefully and writing maintainable code are the keys to developing good software using industry
- Analyze and solve problems existing in existing systems. This includes external client-facing andinternal client-facing user interfaces.
- Design, code, and test multiple modules of a system in a timely manner. Perform unit, system and acceptance testing to deliver high quality code.
- Work within an Agile Scrum software development methodology to design and implement product improvements
- Work with an offshore software development team which will require meetings that can occur early morning or in the evening.
- Develop Java code that is maintainable and follows an object oriented programming approach.
- Understand and develop build process on an as needed basis on UNIX/LINUX operating system.
- Implement intuitive front-end user experiences, and scalable back-end services
- Willingness to work at all levels of the stack CI/CD, database (Oracle), services (Java, SOAP,
- Rest, Spring, Microservices), and frontend (Angular, Ajax)
- Work with different version controls including GIT.