Director of Engineering – Geospatial Platform
Kirkland, WA 98033
You must create an Indeed account before continuing to the company website to apply
Apply on company site
Pulled from the full job description
Full Job Description
INRIX is seeking a Director of Engineering for our Geospatial Platform and Services group. Our highly skilled teams within this group provide the mapping data, services, and support that form the location foundation for all INRIX products. The successful Director candidate is a strong engineering leader with proven skills in geospatial technology and experience leading teams that build and operate complex distributed systems, and compile custom maps from multiple sources, especially vector maps of transportation networks.
At INRIX, our mission is to help the world avoid global gridlock by empowering cities, drivers, and businesses around the globe. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our customers and building products to keep the world moving smarter, safer, and more efficiently. Our spatial technologies group is a key player in the innovation that enables these solutions. This position reports to the VP, Engineering.
What you’ll do:
- Manage worldwide complex systems, ~15 GIS Analysts, Geospatial Developers, and Software Engineers across multiples teams in the development and deployment of INRIX mapping platform and services.
- Ensure sanity of architecture, operational excellence, operational quality, and timely delivery of results.
- Implement new technology advancements such as new development stacks or new ways to maximize value from our private/public cloud.
- Collaborate with other teams to deliver platform features that require cross-team leadership.
- Mentor, coach and develop people to reach their potential and to meet company objectives.
- Review architecture, code, plans, deployments, and operations to drive excellence through the organization.
- 10+ years of experience building and managing development teams that deliver large distributed systems.
- 5+ years of experience managing and effectively operating highly reliable and scalable complex systems.
- 5+ years of experience with geospatial technologies, specifically vector map compilation and spatial analysis.
- Experience with proprietary and open-source map products and tools, such as maps from HERE and OSM, and toolsets from ESRI and/or QGIS, and geospatially enabled database systems such as PostgreSQL/PostGIS and/or SQL Server.
- Deep experience with AWS or similar cloud technologies.
- Ability to succeed in an environment of rapid development cycles with tight schedules and cross-team collaboration.
- Track record of collaborating on platforms and reusable code used by multiple internal and external product engineering teams.
- Know that code is better than diagrams and doing is better than talking.
- Believe that customer success is your success.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred.
- Work with an amazing team with a focus on being the best and making the world a better place.
- Help solve complex real-world problems with big data.
- Ranked as one of the top places to work in the Seattle area!
- Competitive Salary, benefits, and 401K matching.
- Open vacation policy, it’s unlimited and always has been.
- Plethora of snacks, drinks, lunches, and opportunities for folks to get to know other people in the company.
- A boat on Lake Washington. You get your license, and we’ll pay for the gas.
- The people and passion. Meet and work with people that are smart, helpful, and love what they’re doing and geek out on it. Have the opportunity to make a big impact to both the company and our customers.
Are you ready to join a different kind of company? Exciting things are happening all the time. Come join us!
Job Type: Full-time
30+ days ago