Full Stack Engineer
Our mission is to make rent rewarding. We enable landlords to offer their residents cash back on rent, along with deals for local and online merchants. Landlords get increased leasing velocity and tenant retention. Renters get a way to build equity by paying rent. Neighborhood businesses get local, sustained traffic. Online brands get exposure to movers with high spending intent.
Our vision is a more equitable housing model for 100mm+ renters, landlords, and neighborhood businesses. The company is seed stage, based in New York, and backed by investors including Ulu Ventures, TMV VC, FJ Labs, Antler VC, and New Lab Ventures. The founders, Chou and Andy, have 10+ years experience in real estate.
We recently raised a seed VC funding round, and are growing. We are looking for a Full Stack Engineer who is interested in making high impact changes . You’ll report directly to the Head of Engineering, Yoshi, join an early team, gain broad exposure to every aspect of the company, and help shape the future of rental housing.
The role is remote-friendly within the United States. To apply, please apply here.
As a full stack engineer, responsibilities may include (but certainly not limited to):
- Build API integrations to help automate customer onboarding
- Collaborate with designers to improve the tenant rewards experience
- Add search, automation, and utility features to the admin dashboard
- Write unit tests and documentation for all new features
- Document blameless retrospectives when necessary
We build with Typescript, React, ExpressJS, Postgres, AWS, Github, and other tools and frameworks based on our team’s needs.
Note: If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, please still consider applying. Studies show that meeting just 50% of a role’s requirements puts you in the running.
- 2+ years of software development experience as a frontend/backend/full stack developer
- Strong understanding of relational databases (Postgres, Mysql, etc)
- Experience working with both frontend (React, VUE, Angular, etc) and backend (ExpressJS, Ruby-on-Rails, Flask, etc) development.
- Strong desire to join a small, seed stage company.
- A quick learner. No need to be an expert on our stack as long as you have strong Object Oriented Programming fundamentals
- BS in Computer Science or related field or relevant work experience
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
Nice to have:
- Production level experience with React and ExpressJS
- Production level experience with React Native
- Prior FinTech or PropTech startup experience
- Equity compensation plan
- Health coverage
- Dental coverage
- Remote friendly
- 20 vacation days (accruing)
- All federal holidays off
- Supportive confrontation over keeping the peace. We are a feedback-forward org, and we prioritize surfacing any issues or disagreements before they have a chance to fester.
- Longevity over speed (invest in your own wellbeing). Schedule time into your calendar to take care of yourself (lunch breaks, time carve-outs for follow ups, etc.) – in other words, practice “defensive calendaring.”
- Employees 1st, customers 2nd, investors 3rd
- Give away responsibility over keeping control (“Give Away Your Legos”). As we scale, it’s increasingly important for everyone to be comfortable handing off their projects, their ideas, their “babies.” It’s harder than you’d expect if you’ve never done it before, but it’s the only way to gain leverage through people.
- Fast decisions over perfect ones