Full Stack Engineer
This is an opportunity to join a venture-backed startup early and build something remarkable at the intersection of education and technology.
Since launch in 2019, we have helped over 40 million high school and college students gain confidence in STEM subjects, from algebra to quantum mechanics and more.
We’ve built the world’s largest STEM video library.
We’ve raised over $26M in funding through series A in July 2021 and are valued at $100M.
Our goal is to become the #1 ed-tech learning platform!
We’re excited to add more Full Stack Engineers to our team to build and architect technology solutions to drive our content platform! We currently can only interview candidates that are based in the US. If that is you, please apply!
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Work on video-based consumer products for education
- Investigate and develop new projects and initiatives
- Contribute to discussions around new ideas and improvements to existing products
- Create compelling analyses, and estimate solutions to problems involving unknowns
- Support the team in the writing of deployment scripts and place strong emphasis in automated deployment, infrastructure automation solutions, and continuous delivery process
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate
- 2+ years of experience working on large scale distributed systems
- Familiarity working within a SCRUM / Agile team environment
- Experienced with modern back-end service frameworks (specifically Django)
- Experienced with continuous integration and unit-testing (Jenkins / CircleCI / Bamboo / Gitlab)
- Experienced working with and implementing RESTful APIs
- Experienced with Relational databases (MySQL/Postgres)
- Familiarity with modern front-end frameworks (React, Redux)
- Familiarity with modern search engines, task queues, message brokers (Celery, RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch)
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive salary with a significant upside in equity
- 100% covered Medical, Dental, Vision for you AND your dependents!
- 401k plan (coming soon)
- Work from home, or wherever. We’re remote-first.
- Flexible PTO, holiday, and leave policies, including paid parental leave for new parents – We want you to take time to relax, recharge, and reset.
- Remote-friendly environment and culture that nurtures company and team events to stay connected
- Lots of responsibilities with tons of opportunities for advancement