Sales Development Representative
Who we are
US K-12 schools spend $650 billion each year with 28% wasted on repetitive administrative tasks. We’re building simple and elegant tools that tackle complex, long-standing issues in public education. Our innovative online forms and workflow platform transforms the school district back office and is being rapidly adopted by K-12 administrators across the country. We’re moving tremendous amounts of time and resources back into the classroom and allowing districts to cut waste, build more organizational capacity, and make better decisions. We help school districts drive the systemic change needed to improve productivity, accountability and equity.
Our founders came out of Stanford University’s Graduate School of Education. We are one of the first companies funded by Stanford’s StartX accelerator and top education technology incubator Imagine K12 (now part of Y Combinator).
About the role
Whether it be business development, partnerships, community management, or fundraising, your career journey illustrates a strong track record in relationship building and pipeline management.
You are motivated by hitting targets using your fail-safe relationship-centric, values-driven approach. In your next opportunity, it is important to you that you have the room to flex your entrepreneurial muscles, work in a fast-paced environment, and collaborate with an exceptional team of bold industry leaders to drive lasting impact in our schools.
Salary range includes variable compensation based on quota attainment. Part time positions available at this time
Your responsibilities will include
- Researching, identifying, and qualifying district partners through effective outreach methodologies and effective communication of our value proposition to key decision makers.
- Generating new leads in an existing territory by meeting targets for outreach activities and opportunities created.
- Warm up new territories through research and initial outreach. You are the tip of the spear!
- Creating strategic prospect lists for email/phone campaigns, conference attendance, etc.
- Creating compelling written and digital content for the Sales team to use at events and in email outreach
- Prioritizing and managing prospecting activities through our CRM database.
Who you are
- Entrepreneurial. You’re industrious and can do a lot with a little. You demonstrate initiative at all stages of the partnership cycle – from maintaining existing relationships to identifying new prospects and managing deliveries.
- Strategic & Quick on your feet. You imagine possibilities left and right. And yet you always have a vision for where you’re headed and only pursue ideas and opportunities that help support that strategic direction.
- A Relationship Builder. People are drawn to you. You earn respect and trust quickly; and have a knack for successfully building new relationships to scale your team’s mission.
- Articulate & Sharp. You have a reputation for being particularly well-spoken, well-informed, and well-prepared for every encounter. You have a strong and confident presence.
What you’ll need
- Above all, an ability to quickly and clearly articulate a value proposition. You’ll need to sell.
- 1-3 years of experience, demonstrating increasing responsibility in business development, education, partnerships, community management, or fundraising.
- You are already well-versed in how to pull strategic leads into a funnel and meticulously track them as you guide each through the cycle.
- A quantifiable track record that illustrates your ability to stay organized and hit measurable goals.
- Tangible experience expanding and cultivating existing relationships over time.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, you are able to connect ideas and diverse audiences fluidly.